A ‘lofi taste’ beast – Really feel the lofi vibes of the VHS period.
As youngsters of the 80s now we have all the time been drawn to the sound of barely out-of-tune synths, heat tape saturation, gritty samples and grainy reverbs. So we set out on a mission to seize the lofi spirit of our favourite decade – and convey it into a brand new decade.
Meet a posh algorithm with eight easy knobs. We named it ‘Super’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
Six distinctive ‘one-knob’ results impressed by the VHS-era.
– STATIC – Static noise generated by an inside synthesizer
– HEAT – ‘Analog tape’ saturator, impressed by consumer-grade tape machines
– SHAPE – Pattern charge reducer impressed by 1980s 8-bit samplers
– MAGIC – Widening FX impressed by the Juno refrain, however darker and deeper
– DRIFT – Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting
– WASH – ‘Unhealthy corridor’ reverb impressed by funds pleasant 1980s rack items
Plugin codecs: VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
Platforms supported: Mac OS 10.7 and up together with Catalina. PC Home windows 7 and up.
DAWs supported: Ableton Stay, Professional Instruments, Logic Professional, FL Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Reaper, Cause + extra.