DR Ford illustrates how understanding the science behind audio can actually enhance your combine!
DR Ford opens a session of his personal for instance how he improves a combination, together with vocal combine ideas, idea on methods to work with drums from monitoring to mastering, and parallel processing philosophy. DR Ford is an professional on being simpler whereas utilizing much less processing, and he shares philosophy and ideas which have helped redefine his strategy to mixing. By the tip of this seminar, you’ll know the significance of understanding the science behind audio, and methods to “separate the magic from the mojo”. You’ll be taught DR Ford’s unique idea on how the golden ratio applies to mixing, why we use the rule of 3, why lyrical mixing is so vital, and the transient vs. maintain idea. He not solely reveals us how he mixes in Professional Instruments, however he additionally explains the science and the “why” behind his actions.
On this mixing seminar:
– Experiments that you would be able to carry out, aimed toward serving to you develop your ears to grow to be simpler when utilizing widespread studio instruments
– Ideas of panning: the three pillars of panning, phantom middle, the psychology behind panning, and so forth
– The best way to discover, deal with, and work with the muse of your combine, and methods to visualize your combine
– Why it is best to examine your combine in mono
– Transients vs maintain idea: methods to deal with them, and the science behind why it is best to deal with them in a different way
– The philosophy of bass, and the way it is best to deal with bass in your combine
– “Lyrical Mixing” – The philosophy behind depth in audio, and methods to really obtain it in your combine
– The significance of choosing the proper reference monitor
– Idea on methods to mic a drum equipment
– Why we use the rule of 3, and the way the golden ratio applies to mixing
– Delay compensation, session group, and good workflow strategies
– Time aligning your drum tracks – The best way to manipulate your drum mics to get a roomier (or much less roomy) sound
– The best way to improve a drum groove, and methods to spot what to do in an effort to improve a drum groove
– The best way to make issues minimize by way of the combination (methods to “raise the diction with out altering the quantity”)
– The best way to carry harmonics again into your tracks
– Vocal mixing ideas
– The significance of understanding the anatomy of the voice whereas monitoring and mixing
– The best way to cope with whistle tones
– Why DR Ford prefers single band dynamic processing to multi band
– Beneficial reference mixes, and what to take heed to inside these mixes
– Idea behind bass in vocals, and methods to deal with bass in vocals
– Parallel processing philosophy, and methods to do it
1) NOTCHING OUT WHISTLE TONES AND FILLING IN THE POTHOLES
DR Ford demonstrates how he handles a whistle tone in a vocal monitor. Watch this video to be taught priceless method ideas, hear some plugin suggestions, and discover ways to deal with the pothole that arises whenever you notch out frequencies.
2) NARROWING DOWN YOUR MIX TO THREE BITS OF INFORMATION TO MAKE IT MORE IMPACTFUL
DR Ford explains how the human thoughts can solely take note of Three bits of data without delay. So what does this imply for our mixes, and the way can we use this data to our benefit? Watch the video to seek out out!
3) USING TRANSIENTS AND SUSTAIN TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO IMPROVE YOUR MIX
DR Ford discusses some primary human psychology when it comes it transients and maintain in audio. Can we then mildew our mixing method to accommodate the best way the human thoughts focuses on these two classes of sound? Watch the video to seek out out!