The Soundiron Waterharp is a deeply multi-sampled percussion and results instrument library that captures the center and soul of the waterphone. This distinctive instrument idea was initially developed by Richard Waters within the late 1960s. Waterphones — additionally generally often called Water Harps — are present in all styles and sizes, however they typically observe the identical primary design: a brass vessel with a hole brass water chamber and an extended neck. The highest facet of the chamber is adorned with vertical brass tines or bars. It’s performed by strumming, hanging and bowing these tines, which resonate collectively creating darkly harmonic or dissonant tones and textures. The tines are reduce to particular lengths and organized to create scales as they wind across the physique of the waterphone. Including water to the chamber and altering the place of the waterphone drastically adjustments the pitch and harmonics which can be produced when the instrument is performed. The water chamber itself can be performed as a percussion instrument. Total, the waterphone may be thought of as each a tuned and un-tuned percussion instrument, however is most frequently utilized in suspense and horror soundtracks and sound design as a dramatic sound impact instrument.
We performed it with plenty of completely different mallets, sticks, metallic rods, fingers and palms, bows and even voices to discover each nuance and hidden musical potential of this instrument. We recorded it each empty and stuffed with water. We even recorded it from the within out utilizing hydrophones (underwater microphones), whereas being cooked over open flame and whereas crammed with machine screws. And eventually, we created a wide array of ambient soundscapes, pads, drones, ambiences and atmospheres utilizing the recordings and all method of inventive sound design methods to take this library to the following degree.
– Bowing (no water) Sluggish, Medium, Quick FX
– Bowing sweep (water) Sluggish, Medium, Quick FX
– Bowing 2-note legato
– Bowing Maintain (with and with out water)
– Bowing Staccato
– Bowing FX grinding w/ tine buzz (with and with out water)
– Bowing FX w/ magnets
– Bowing FX w/ hydrophone (underwater mic)
– Bowing FX w/vocals
– Bowing FX boiling at 4 completely different temperature ranges
– Mallet Rubber (6-7 velocity layers – 6 spherical robin) at +16 tines
– Mallet Steel (6-7 velocity layers – 6 spherical robin) at +eight tines
– Hand Performed “Steel Tabla” (10 velocity layers – 10 spherical robin) backside and prime
– Wood Mallet (6-7 velocity layers – 6 spherical robin) at +20 tines
– Hydro Mallets (6 spherical robin) at +20 tines
– Rubber, Steel and Wood Mallet Sweeps (Sluggish, Medium, Quick)
– Hydro-Vocal drones, phrases and extra…
– Customized ambiences, together with patches by Steven Tavaglione (Ambient music on Wall-E, American Magnificence and extra)
Waterharp 2.zero contains automatable Assault, Launch, Edge, Filter, Vibrato and Convolution reverb with 30+ customized halls, rooms and particular FX impulses. We’ve optimized presets to place every class proper at your fingertips, with simple articulation menu loading. We’ve additionally rolled our Arpeggiator system into each tuned and strike percussion preset, with loads of mode, sequencing and time signature choices. The results presets now characteristic dynamic waveform show, with real-time playback and offset cursor. We’ve additionally added a brand new vary of deep ambiences, synths and sound-designed atmospheres, all hand-crafted from the unique instrument supply.
Requires FULL Kontakt 5.1 or increased!